Current Project Status
As the project progresses, we will ensure our stakeholders remain informed.
Project timeline and status:
- June 2017: CanRAC convenes the fourth annual Conjoint Residency Accreditation Summit, which focuses on the evidence required in the new system as well as a school by school implementation and support guide.
- November 2016-February 2017: CanRAC held national consultations for the accreditation reform changes.
- November 9-12, 2016: The College of Family Physicians hosts the Family Medicine Forum (FMF) with targeted workshops on the accreditation reform. For more information, please see the online program.
- September 29 - October 1, 2016: The Royal College hosts the International Conference on Residency Education (ICRE). Elements of the program will have an accreditation focus. Specific details are available in the online program.
- June 2016: CanRAC convened the third annual Conjoint Residency Accreditation Summit which focused on the future of residency education accreditation in Canada. Postgraduate Deans, along with many other stakeholders, were brought together to discuss the recent advances for residency accreditation reform in Canada.
- April 2016: CanRAC shared impact letters with each university which included an overview of the proposed changes as well as tailored information regarding implementation.
Please visit this page regularly for ongoing project updates.