As CanERA implementation/testing progresses, we will ensure our stakeholders remain informed.
- October 2017: Similar to 2016, CanRAC will share impact letters with each university, which will include an overview of CanERA, as well as information regarding implementation, specific to each individual university.
- October 2017: Version 1.0 of the Accreditation Management System (AMS) will be shared with Dalhousie University, the first Prototype 3 University.
- October 19-21, 2017: The Royal College hosts the International Conference on Residency Education (ICRE). Elements of the program will focus on CanERA. Specific details are available in the online program
- November 9-12, 2016: The College of Family Physicians hosts the Family Medicine Forum (FMF). Elements of the program will focus on CanERA. Specific details are available in the online program
- June 2017: CanRAC convened the fourth annual Conjoint Residency Accreditation Summit, focused on the evidence required in the new system as well as a school by school implementation and support guide.
- March-June 2017: The new General Standards of Accreditation for Institutions with Residency Programs and General Standards of Accreditation for Residency Programs were approved by the accreditation committees of all three Colleges.
- March 2017: Prototype 1 testing concluded with the regular review of Laval University.
- November 2016-February 2017: CanRAC held national consultations on the proposed accreditation reform changes
Please visit this page regularly for ongoing project updates.