CanERA Updates & Activities
Updated Quarterly. Last update July 1, 2018
As CanERA implementation and testing progresses, we will ensure our stakeholders remain informed.
- July 2018-April 2019: CanAMS will be provided to all residency programs and institutions across Canada including training, tools and support to assist with the transition to CanERA and use of CanAMS.
- September 2018: CanRAC will provide university-specific impact letters to each postgraduate office, which will include an overview of CanERA, as well as information regarding the transition to CanERA.
- October 2018: The Royal College hosts the International Conference on Residency Education (ICRE). Elements of the program will focus on CanERA. Specific details are available in the online program
- November 2018: The College of Family Physicians hosts the Family Medicine Forum (FMF). Elements of the program will focus on CanERA. Specific details are available in the online program.
- November 2018: The regular accreditation review of Dalhousie University will be conducted based on CanERA (First prototype 3 school).
- July 1, 2018: Version 1.2 of the new CanERA General Standards were updated (minor editorial changes from Version 1.0 used for prototype 3 testing)
- March 2018: Prototype 2 testing concluded with the regular accreditation review of Queen’s University.
- February 2018: Version 1.0 of CanAMS was shared with McGill University, the second Prototype 3 University.
- October 2017: Version 1.0 of CanAMS was shared with Dalhousie University, the first Prototype 3 University.